- Alternative & Natural Medicine
Wipe out cold sores in one fell swoop with garlic
COLD SORES can be small or massive, they can be on your mouth or under your nose -- wherever they are and no matter how big or small they are painful and ugly.
I had cold sores off and on for years. Every time I got a cold with a runny nose I got cold sores or certain kinds of stress would bring one on. Abreva came out some years ago and it worked very well. The only problem with Abreva is the price -- about $18.00 for a tiny, tiny tube. I was at work and my runny nose gave me an awful cold sore under my nose. It was ugly and sore. When I got home I discovered my Abreva was all gone. I remembered that garlic was supposed to be good as an antiseptic. So in desperation I gave it a try. The results were amazing.
The Garlic stopped the cold sore immediately -- the nasty tingling feeling was gone. I know this may seem too simple and it is hard to believe it works. After all if it were so simple why is it not common knowledge -- I don't know? Maybe because it stings. But I would rather suffer the burning sensation and be rid of them almost forever.
THE PROCEDURE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Use a large glove of Garlic, any kind will do.
- Crush it with the base of a knife or put it in a garlic press. This will release the juices.
- Then press the garlic gently on the cold sore or sores, the more juice the better. If the cold sore is large keep using new pieces of garlic. THIS WILL STING LIKE CRAZY, but you will notice an immediate relief. In my case and I hope in your case if you try this you will find that the garlic kills the cold sore immediately. The nasty tingle stops and you can tell it is dead.
- Do not hold garlic on for more than a few seconds. Some people have complained of swelling and redness. It may be that they held it on too long. It is better to have more short treatments.
- Rinse and pat dry. This is important. Use a paper towel or toilet paper because it is steril.
- If you have honey dab it on the cold sore -- honey is an astringent and has vitamins and minerals that will help this wound heal. After a few minutes rinse and pat dry again. You want to keep it clean.
- Repeat twice a day until cold sore is gone. For a small cold sore once is enough. For a large cold sore it will take two or three days, even when the cold sore is dead the damage is deep and takes time to heal.
- An unexpected result of this treatment is that I did not have another cold sore for four years. And since the last one it has been a year. The garlic seemed to get rid of this virus for a much longer time. With Abreva I still got the cold sores on a regular basis but with the garlic I have had only one attack in five years. I saw on a commercial about Abreva that it blocks the virus -- it does not kill it. Garlic kills it. I know it is simple but it works.
- If you try this I wish for you the same success that I experienced. Perhaps this treatment will not work for everyone but it is worth a try.