- Exercise & Fitness»
- Choosing a Workout
Workout Videos That Really Work
The older you get, the harder it is to shed those unwanted pounds. I have been on every diet imaginable, and have vowed never to go on another diet, but to change my eating habits, instead. Since sweets are my weakness, I deal with the struggle of maintaining a nice figure on a daily basis. When it comes to exercising, BRISK WALKING is my number one exercise of choice. I also enjoy working out and found the following videos to be awesome:
1. Leslie Sansone – Walk Away the Pounds (3 Mile): Great for cardio endurance; upbeat and fun!
2. Tiffany Rothe – 10 Minute Boxer Babe: Great for cardio and total body!
3. Tiffany Rothe – 10 Minute Booty Shaking Workout: Great for the abs and waist...very effective!
4. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout For Beginners: Hula Abs & Buns: Video is fun and engaging; requires a bit of coordination
5. XHIT 10 Minute Thigh Thinner: Your legs will be on fire...great workout!
6. Ashley J. Johnson Zumba: This is more like Zumba with a Hip-Hop Twist…great! (You Tube - http://youtu.be/D42MzGlZR5c)
7. Bachata Dance With Tanja La Alamana: This video is short and sexy, but works out the waist and lower body. (You Tube - http://youtu.be/i3S-Lg_JBY8)
Nutristrategy.com has determined a 155 pound individual will burn the following calories, per hour, while participating in the following activities:
- General Aerobics = 457 Calories
- High Impact Aerobics = 492 Calories
- Low Impact Aerobics = 352 Calories
- Boxing, Punching Bag = 422 Calories
- Boxing, Sparring = 633 Calories
- Circuit Training, Minimal Rest = 563 Calories
What is your favorite type of exercise?
Benefits of Healthy Exercise
Healthy exercise produces the following benefits:
• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely.
• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely from heart disease.
• Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
• Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
• Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure.
• Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
• Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
• Helps control weight.
• Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
• Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling.
• Promotes psychological well-being.
Before beginning any workout regimen, please consult your physician. Let’s walk and dance our way to FIT!!!