- Exercise & Fitness»
Health Benefits of Yogasana and Yogic Exercises : For Sound Mind, Body and Soul
YOGA for good physical and psychological health
© Chitrangada Sharan
All Rights Reserved
- Yogasanas or the Yogic Postures are simple actions for keeping the internal and external parts of the body in good health.
- No activity can be performed well, unless the internal and external parts of the body are not in good health.
- The Body and Mind are closely interrelated and both should be fully taken care of.
- 'A sound mind in a sound body', is the famous saying.
- Yogasana is a Sanskrit word. The word yuj means, to bind the yoke.Asanameans to sit still. The conjunction of these two words becomes Yogasana---an activity which is practiced to maintain the physical and mental health.
Importance of Yogasana
There are seven ways for the elimination of waste matter produced in the body by daily physical activities and functioning of the digestive system.
1. Through left and right nostrils;
2. Through left and right eyes;
3. Through left and right ears;
4. Through the mouth;
5. Through the anus;
6. Through the genitals;
7. Through the skin.
Most common ailments are the result of the absence of sufficient and regular elimination of waste matter such as urine and stool etc. from the body.
Yogic exercises help the process of elimination of waste matter from the body and helps us to maintain sound health.
Other useful hubs by Chitrangada Sharan
- How To Take Care Of Your Eyes---Simple Yogic Eye Exe...
Can you imagine, what the world would be without the eyes? Eyes are the most precious of all body parts and perhaps the most neglected part. So, how do we take care of our most precious possession?
- How To Detoxify----------An Effective Detox Plan
Are you the one, who has a tendency to overindulge? Have you been feeling sluggish, bloated, sleep deprived, difficulty in losing weight? Then this article is for you.You might need a Detox Diet Plan.
Why prefer Yoga over other forms of Physical Exercises?
There are certain reasons why I, like many others, prefer Yoga Asanas over other forms of physical exercises.
- In other systems of physical exercises, the internal organs of the body do not get proper exercise, while Yogasanas give sufficient exercise to the internal organs as well.
- Only a small airy and open space is required for practicing Yogic exercises. You do not require heavy machines as in a Gym.
- Yoga asanas can be performed even in the quiet space of your home.
- Yogasanas have a greater impact on the mind and the senses than other form of exercises. As a result, they make you mentally strong, with a cool and calm attitude.
- It is not expensive at all.
- Since elimination of waste from the body is done properly, the body has more resistance to keep ailments and diseases away.
- Immunity system becomes perfect.
- Body becomes flexible and agile. One who is a regular practitioner, looks younger and lives longer and healthIer life.
- The power of contraction and expansion of vital organs such as lungs, heart and others is increased.
- Yoga asanas provide flexibility to the spinal cord and other bones, thereby keeping bone related diseases such as Arthritis away.
- Yoga Asanas help the mind to experience and achieve Tranquility.
- Yoga Asanas stimulate different Glands of the body. As such they produce secretions in proper proportion, thus ensuring proper and well balanced growth.
- Diseases like Constipation, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Hernia, Headaches, Thyroid, Women specific diseases, Arthritis etc. can be controlled and cured by practicing Yoga. There are specific Asanas for each of them, which can be learnt by qualified Yoga Practitioner.
- There is no restriction for age or sex for Yoga aspirants.
- Antioxidants: Why Are They Essential?
Antioxidant are those vital nutrients usually termed as Vitamins and Minerals, which protect our body's cells from wear and tear and repairs them. They are found in abundance in natural food items.
- Anemia/ Anaemia or Iron Deficiency : Which Are The I...
Do you feel tired, fatigued or dizziness? Get blood test done, you may be suffering from Anaemia or Iron deficiency. But you can cure it by taking certain Iron rich food. Read on symptoms-solutions.
Which one do you prefer for maintaining good health?
How To Take Full Advantage Of Yoga!
Any person who wants to practice Yoga Asanas, must learn the techniques and the proper way of doing them.
You can join the Yoga classes under an expert or buy DVDs from authorised persons.
To get the maximum benefit doing it correctly is very important, especially the breathing pattern is to be understood before trying them out.
Taking proper guidance from a Yoga Guru is a must.
1. Yogic exercises are non violent activities. Least possible physical energy is required to practice them and you will feel less tired after your Yoga session. No force or jerk is required.
2. Early morning is the ideal time to practice Yoga. Before starting the bowel should be emptied and it is better to perform the exercises after bath.
You can take bath with warm water after practicing the Asanas as well.
3. Choose a place, which is quiet, clean and practice on a mat or carpet.
4. Wear light loose clothes and take light food.
5. One should remain silent and concentrate on the breathing and limbs movement, while practicing the Asanas.
Concentration is necessary for all round progress of mind and body.
5. The duration of exercises should be increased gradually. As the body becomes flexible, the duration can be increased to accomplish a perfect state in each Asana.
A WORD OF CAUTION:
- If someone is suffering from Fever or some other complicated disease, one should not practice Yoga Asanas.
- Women should not practice Yoga Asanas during Pregnancy and after Pregnancy.
- Women should not practice Asanas during Menstruation.
- Haste or quickness should be avoided.
Yoga Asanas are supposed to prove advantageous for health. If you are getting tired and feeling some kind of uneasiness or discomfort, you must consult your physician.
## As is the diet, so is the health
An improper diet is an obstacle to practice of Yoga. A proper diet nourishes the body, while an improper diet damages the body and you might not achieve your desired goal by Yoga.
Eat as much as is required by the body. Overeating, eating too much fatty food, stale food should be avoided.
Yogasana and Pranayama:
Yogasana and Pranayama are closely inter related.
Pranayama is helpful in practising and maintaining asanas. It helps in proper expansion and contraction of the lungs and thus plenty of oxygen is supplied, so that the body becomes healthy and the mind content and delightful.
One can master a particular asana, by following both in coordination with each other.
Yoga asana practices make you disciplined---Individually and Socially.
One develops Concentration power, Control over Senses and Breathing.
One can also enhance the power of Meditation.
The power and effect of Yoga and Pranayama helped, Mahatma Buddha, achieve
© Chitrangada Sharan 27th July, 2013
PROTECTED: PLEASE DO NOT COPY!
10 Minute Routine For Daily Yoga Practice, Source: You tube
Other Related Hubs By Chitrangada Sharan
- What Is Reiki : An Alternative Therapy For Mental An...
In 'Reiki therapy' universal life energy, flows from the practitioner's hands towards the body and is utilized to heal the mind, body, immune system, to get rid of toxins and this leads to relaxation.
- What Are The Benefits Of Massage : Herbal Oils, Spa ...
Massage as an alternative therapy to relieve stress, pain and anxiety is an age old practice. It has become more scientific with the practice of using Herbal, medicinal oils in Modern Massage centers.
- What Is Naturopathy : Its Five Elements-Can The Body...
Naturopathy is a combination of Ayurveda, Yoga, Homeopathy, Herbal n other such methods of treatment. This system of healing revolves around the five basic elements, Earth, Air, Water, Sun and Ether.
© 2013 Chitrangada Sharan