Yeast Infection Treatments for Men
Male Yeast Infections 101
This is the place where you will find everything you need to know about Candida infections such as the causes, the symptoms, what foods to eat and not to eat and what natural treatments and home remedies work best for getting rid of this nasty condition.
When it comes to Candidiasis cures, many people prefer the natural cures and home remedies. Acquiring Candida can be a scary thing. This is because some of its symptoms can sometimes be mistaken for AIDS or STD. To avoid panic, arm yourself with a good amount of knowledge regarding the disease.
Keep reading because you will discover how you can treat and get rid of this nasty health condition using home remedies and get relief from those nasty symptoms as fast as possible.
What exactly is a Yeast Infection?
When people talk about yeast infection, some would immediately think that it is a disease only acquired by women. True, women are the ones who are commonly plagued with it, the vaginal infection in particular. However, Candidiasis doesn't choose any gender or age. Anyone can get it, even babies.
This condition comes in many forms and it can affect any part of the body.
Yeast naturally exists in the body. The good bacteria in the system keep them from multiplying. However, certain factors destroy these bacteria making the body prone to yeast outbreak. Birth control pills, steroids, antibiotics, unhealthy diet, unhygienic environment and other factors can make you vulnerable.
Candidiasis is a type of infection that is caused by the Candida fungi. The infection can occur underneath skin folds, lower abdomen, breast area, around dentures and even the nail beds. With women, the vaginal area is the most common place where yeast infection occurs. It is more likely to transpire as the person ages. However, anyone can still acquire it, even infants.
Symptoms of Yeast Infections in Men
Men who have yeast infection usually don't notice any symptoms until the yeast has spread through their entire body and it is too late to just use some over-the counter medications or cream to treat it.
That is why it is important to pay attention to any slight discomfort or symptom that might indicate you have a yeast infection.
Here are the most common symptoms men experience:
- read spots on the tip of the penis
- sever itch in the genital area
- you can see some white lesions on the penis
- swelling of the penis
- you are easily irritated
- vision gets blurry
- you are constantly hungry and crave for all sorts of foods.
- pain during urination
- pain or a burning sensation during intercourse
If you experience any of these symptoms, best thing to do is consult with your doctor as soon as possible.
Most probably he will prescribe you a shock dose of medication which will stop the Candida from spreading and growing. Don't forget that in order to keep these symptoms away, you need to make a few changes in your lifestyle, starting with your diet.
Natural Cures for Yeast Infections
Yeast infection can be easily treated, if you deal with the issue right away. Severe cases may prove to be harder to deal with. However, with proper medication and appropriate treatments, you can get rid of your infection in no time. Listed below are different natural cures for yeast infections:
Genetian violet is a type of component that is used as fungicide, biological stain and bactericide. To use it, simply paint it on the vulva, vagina and cervix. Don't forget to wear a panty liner or pad since it can stain the undergarments.
Extracts of grapefruit seed and olive leaf is a great cure for yeast infection. Avoid sugary drinks as this is a big NO.
When you have yeast infection in the genital area, refrain from using synthetic underwear since it will just add discomfort to the affected area. Use cotton clothes and underwear instead as it allows air to flow freely, providing relief to the genital area.
Potassium sorbate is a solution commonly used for beer making. To use it, simply put a 3% solution to clean cotton tampon. Insert this to the vagina and leave it there overnight.
Curing yeast infection is easy, if you know the right solutions. Treatment options may vary depending on the condition of the individual and personal preference. Proper knowledge can bring you a long way. Natural cures for yeast infection work for many people; it should have the same effect on you.
Vote in our quick poll
How Often do You Eat Sugary Foods?
Best Foods for Treating Yeast Infection
You should understand tht there is no maginc diet or a magic food that will get rid of your yeast infection once and for all. Some of the food items can have incredible effects, but you have to combine it with others in order to gete the desired results.
There are plenty of foods you can eat that will help you treat your yeast infection faster. I am sure you may have heard about some of them, but because this is an informational hub, I will list them below so anyone can read about them and include them in their diet.
- Galric. I am starting with garlic simply because this is the so called "wonder food". It contains so many anti-oxidatns which helps you get rid of free radicals, and it help you fight the yeast infectin by strengthening the immune system and reducing the Candida bacteria. Try to eat garlic at each meal. If you can't stand the smell or the taste, you can replace them with garlic capsules.
- Cultured foods. Including cultured food such as yogurt, sauerkraut and other fermented foods will also greatly help you treat the yeast infection. By eating these you will introduce good bacteria in your body, re-establishing the balance between good and bad bacteria, which probably was the main reason you got the infection
- Fresh vegetables and fruits. Green vegetables are very beneficial for your health. Recommended thing is to drink a freshly squeezed jucie each morning, made out of some green vegetables (a celery root, some aprsley, a cucumber0 and a green apple or a pear. This way all those nutrients reach the blood steam a lot faster.
- Drink plenty of water each day. If you are not doing this already, then please start drinking at least 1,5 lietrs of pure water each day (1 liter in the worst case scenario). This will help your body eliminate toxic build-up from your system, and along with all those toxins it will also gete rid of the Candida.
Hopefully these few tips will help you get started on eating healthier. You need to do this if you want to get rid of your yeast infection once and for all.
- Yeast Infection In Men, Complete Treatment Guide For Men
Discover what causes male yeast infections, what are the symptoms, which are the best treatments and remedies designed for men only.
- Candidiasis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
LEarn everything you need to know about Candidadiasis form Wikipedia
- Male Yeast Infection Prevention
This hubpage sets out the 7 habits men should follow to avoid getting a male yeast infection.