Yoga For Lumbar Disc Bulge
I am a 27-year-old individual working in a multinational company in Noida. As I have to sit all day long, I exercise in the gym every morning to keep myself flexible and fit. I am very health conscious and keep my weight in the normal range and stick to health food and drinks. I recently got an MRI screening of the lumbosacral spine done as advised by my orthopedist, although I was not having any back pain. The report came with the below-mentioned findings:
- Minimal bulge of L5-S1 intervetebral disc seen. No significant indentation is seen on the thecal sac and on exiting recess.
- Height and hydration status of the lumbar spine intervetebral disc is maintained. All lumbar vertebrae appear normal in height, morphology, and signal intensity.
- Straightening of the lumbar spine is seen.
- Facet degeneration is seen at L4-L5 and L5-S1 level with ligamentum flavum appearing normal.
- No evidence of any infective or metastatic lesion is seen.
- Spinal canal approximately A-P and lat dimensions is as follows:
- LI- L2 = AP 17 mm LAT 16 mm
- L2-L3 = AP 18 mm LAT 16 mm
- L3-L4 = AP 17 mm LAT 15 mm
- L4-L5 = AP 14 mm LAT 18 mm
- L5-S1 = AP 13 mm LAT 22 mm
- Conus medullaris ends at the L1 level and is normal in morphology and signal intensities. Nerves of cauda equina bear almost normal signals.
- No paravertebral soft-tissue abnormalities are noted.
Straightening of lumbar spine with mild bulge of L5-S1 intervertebral disc with few early degenerative changes
I have no pain as such, but I want to prevent this disease as it is in the early stages which can further transform into severe disc prolapse if not treated on time. I looked on Internet and I am doing some yoga asanas for lumbar disc bulge like:
- Setubandha sarvangasana
- Marichyasana III
- Supta padangusthasana
Please go through my yoga exercise routine and advise me if what I am doing the asanas in the right order? Do I need to add anymore or remove some asanas from the list.
Now here is the yoga treatment for disc bulge. Do the below-mentioned yoga asanas for first 1 week:
Standing Asanas -
Tadasana 10 breathings.
Ardha kati chakrasana 10 breathings ( both sides)
Ardha chakrasana 10 breathings
Lying down (supine position) -
Lying down (prone position) -
Bhujangasana 10 breathings
Consume 2 peppers plus two spoonful of honey plus 1 liter water every morning at 7.30 am.
Drink fresh sweet lime juice on a daily basis 3 times a day. Follow this advice and you will be able to cure lumbar disc bulge or prolapse in a matter of weeks. Following correct sitting posture in office is also highly recommended.