Home Remedies for Abdominal Bloating
Mint is Excellent for Flatulence and Abdominal Distension
Abdominal distension and stomach bloating can result in a sensation of tightness, heaviness and fullness in the abdomen, and it can produce a huge stomach discomfort. Heavy meals, staying hungry for long intervals of time, and consuming too much of gas-producing foods are the chief causes of abdominal bloating. Abdominal bloating symptoms include: heaviness in the upper or lower abdomen, cramping, easy satiety and unsatisfactory stools.
Abdominal Bloating Causes
The following reasons have been implicated in the occurrence of abdominal distention:
- Faulty eating habits, and an inconsistent lifestyle pattern
- Sedentary routine
- Huge gaps in between two meals
- Consuming heavy and greasy meals
- Eating too much of legumes and fermented foods
- No exercising
- Hormone changes
- Poor sleep
Home Remedies for Stomach Distention
The following home remedies have proved to be decidedly beneficial in the management of stomach bloating; and have been used since times immemorial to treat a gassy stomach:
- Ginger: is an excellent carminative; i.e. it helps dispel gas rapidly. Ginger helps improve digestion and prevents the formation of gas in the GI tract. You may have ginger in any form – grated raw ginger with a dollop of honey, ginger tea or dry ginger powder with jaggery. However, if you suffer from frequent bouts of flatulence and abdominal distention, make sure that you incorporate ginger in to your daily routine.
- Mint: soothes the GI tract lining effectively and thus helps battle cramps and pain associated with stomach bloating. Have a glass of mint tea every day before lunch.
- Fennel seeds: fennel seeds are immensely beneficial as well. Chewing the seeds after every meal promises you to be free from painful gaseous distention. Fennel seeds help drive out wind, prevent gas from building up within the gastrointestinal tract and alleviate any GI distress effectively.
Abdominal Bloating Treatment: Natural Cure for Abdominal Distention
- Ensure that you drink 12 glasses of water every day. Furthermore, have juices, soups, herbal teas and watery foods such as watermelon, limes, oranges, as well.
- If you are prone to excessive flatulence and if it tends to become excessively distressing, it is a good idea to eliminate or reduce your consumption of beans, legumes, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and fermented foods. These are difficult to digest and produce a lot of gas.
- Begin your day with herbal tea. Herbal tea peps up the working of the alimentary canal, regularizes the bowel movement and gets rid of gas successfully.
- Also, chew with your mouth closed. If you keep your mouth open whilst eating, you tend to swallow too much air, consequently, worsening the condition.
- Try to get some amount of exercise every day. Yoga asanas are also recommended to manage flatulence and abdominal discomfort. Asanas such as Pawanmuktasana, Gomukhasana and Dhanurasana are exceedingly helpful.