Home Remedies For Acne
Home Remedies For Acne
Acne is a skin condition affecting mainly adolescents but affecting many adults into their 20s and even into their 30s and 40s. Acne occurs when the pores get clogged by oils and dead skin cells which leads to blackheads which may become infected and inflamed and become cysts or nodules known as acne or pimples. Although acne most commonly occurs on the face, it may be found on the chest, shoulders, and back, and may result in permanent scarring.
There are a great many types of treatment including home remedies for acne that may be tried before expensive products and trips to your dermatologist. It is interesting to note that for some people simply drinking more water, keeping long hair off their face, or washing sheets and pillowcases regularly has completely gotten rid of their acne and these sound like the simplest of home remedies for acne of all.
- Garlic - Garlic has well known antibiotic properties and is great for purifying the bloodstream. Rub garlic on the affected area several times a day or eat 3 cloves of garlic a day. Garlic is also available in pill or capsule form.
- Tea Tree Oil - Has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antiseptic properties and is toxic when swallowed. Tea Tree Oil should be diluted as 5 parts oil to 5 parts water or aloe vera juice and applied topically several times per day.
- One of the best home remedies for acne is to make a paste of 1 tbsp of groundnut oil mixed with 1 tbsp of lime juice. Leave on for 10 minutes then rinse
- Mix organic yogurt and fine oatmeal. Apply to face and let dry. Rinse with lukewarm water and pat face dry.
- Mix together 1 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp cinnamon apply to area frequently
- Apply ripe tomato pulp to acne. Keep on for 1 hour then rinse with warm water
- One of the most effective home remedies for acne is to make a paste with ground orange peel and water and apply to area.
- All home remedies for acne should start with a healthy diet avoiding greasy fried food, complex sugars like soda, and drinking plenty of water.
These are just a few of the home remedies for acne that are out there. There are literally thousands and some work better than others. Remember that for any of these home remedies for acne to work you need to have patience and persistence and above all a healthy lifestyle will go farther to help you get and stay acne free than anything else.