- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Mentally & Emotionally Balanced Living
LETTERS TO YOU: “How to develop a powerful positive mind-set?”
Positive thinking is one of the most important contributors to success, even more valuable than luck & fate, because unlike the latter, positive thinking can be controlled. Positive affirmations is another powerful tool to achieve exactly what you want - be it health, wealth or happiness. So what are affirmations? “Affirmation is a declaration that something is true” (Wikipedia). For example, if you want to be more confident your affirmation will be “I am confident”, “I can be confident” or “I will be confident”. Affirmation is the way to convince you that something is true. Once you start believing in what you are saying (i.e. affirming), then you will realise that it’s not just a simple statement, it is in fact already true. Do affirmations really work? Is it really that simple? Yes and yes! Affirmation is a result of positive thinking. In a way, it’s the logical conclusion in a form of statement. It’s not enough to just think positively. It’s only a common sense to combine and practise positive thinking and positive affirmations together. Here are some tips on how to create affirmations and examples of affirmations in various areas of life. Just go for it and say yes to life!
- Before you start creating your affirmations, you have to think what area of life you want to improve or change in some way. Start with an end result in mind. If you are not happy with your financial situation, think what you want it to be. Then you simply state it in positive terms. For example, “Money flows freely and abundantly in my life”, “I am the source of my abundance”, “I feel good about all the money I spend” etc. If you are not happy with relationships, then your affirmations will be something like “I accept love and happiness”, “I am now attracting my dream partner into my life”, “I make friends easily”, “My friends are loving and supportive” etc. Affirmations can be created for any area of your life that you want to improve.
- Affirmation is not a hard work, but still IS work. You have to make it a habit to practise affirmations on a daily basis. The best times are the morning when you wake up and the evenings just before you go to sleep. Write down your affirmations on a card and take them with you wherever you go. Read your affirmations out loud every chance you get. You will start noticing results in just a few days. You can come up with new affirmations whenever you feel like it. Do whatever you want with your affirmations – adjust them, change them, make them the way you want them to be. There is no right or wrong affirmation. It’s right as long as it’s stated in the positive words and personal to you!
- Beware that at first affirmations might sound silly to you because they are not true yet. Your head will be filled with negative thought now and then. You can say “I am super confident all the time” but your brain might tell you “Who am I kidding, that’s not true and never will be”. Don’t over analyse every negative thought, just let the affirmations do the job. Your belief system will be challenged. It’s important to stay positive at all times, despite anything!
- Positive affirmations MUST be practised daily! 21-30 days of practice will make it a habit. Your positive affirmations will become your new beliefs. Make a list of various positive words that you like, what you like about these words, what they mean to you etc. Make sure you have enough to create meaningful affirmations!
- Talk more about the things you like. Watch what you talk about and the way you talk about it. There should be more positivity in your sentences.
- Don’t just use affirmations yourself, teach others to practise affirmations daily (teach your colleagues, partner, even kids)!
- Once you outgrown your initial affirmations, create new ones. Make sure your affirmations are always positive and attainable! Take it step by step and enjoy the journey.
Be healthy, happy and wealthy.....and Remember: “You’ve got to win in your mind before you win in your life.”
Always by your side,