Home remedies with amla or Indian gooseberry
Amla is widely used in ayurvedic herbal preparations, to treat different health conditions. The botanical name of amla is Emblica officinalis. It is eulogized as "dhatri" by ayurveda acharyas. Dhatri means mother. When we regularly consume this berry, it protects our body by virtue of its immense medicinal properties like a mother who protects her child. Here are few herbal remedies with this wonderful herb, for many health conditions.
- During summer when mercury level raises, amla juice comes as a handy aid to reduce body heat. Mix 25 ml of amla juice with 100 ml of water, add little salt and sugar to prepare this body coolant.
- Amla is rich source of antioxidants. Regular consumption of this berry helps to detoxify body and slow down aging process.
- Be the owner of young looking skin with amla wash. Apply amla juice or amla water on face. Leave it for 20 minutes. The astringent properties of emblica help to reduce wrinkles and close pores. The rejuvenating properties of this berry help to increase fairness and glow of skin.
- Reduce your waist line with these juicy fruits. Amla or amalaki normalizes metabolism and check the accumulation of fat thus helps in weight loss.
- Vital organs like kidney and liver get rejuvenated when this medicinal herb is consumed regularly. It normalizes pitta to reduce acidity and heart burn. Many researches have shown that it reduces blood sugar level.
- Hair oil processed with this fruit help in healthy growth of hair. The amla hair oil massage strengthens the hair follicles and prevents dryness of scalp.
- Men are immensely benefited when this is used regularly. It acts as aphrodisiac and rejuvenates male reproductive system.