Gosh....I started to make lots of changes in the early 80's when I got invloved in lifting weights to build muscle but also learn more about nutrition to do so.
I was fortunate to attend seminars by Arnold, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Frank Zane, Lee Labrada, Bob Paris, Robby Robinson, Bertil Fox etc etc the list goes on. All these were the best in the world during that time period.
People do not always admire the bodybuilders physique yet these guys know their stuff about nutrition whether it be gaining muscle or burning fat for a contest.
Some quick tips;
- Eat protein with every meal (keeps you fuller for longer)
- Eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to boost your metabolism
- Carbs like brown bread, brown rice etc are good for you in moderation, I eat them everyday.
- You must exercise when losing weight to hold onto muscle mass otherwise you'll lose muscle mass. Loss of muscle mass = slower metabolism = faster weight gain when you've lost your weight.
- Have a cheat day once a week to keep you sane & on track! This is actually good for your metabolic rate.
- It's not fat that makes you fat it's the sugar in foods, so get really good at reading labels & have an understanding of protein, fats and carbs.
Hope these tips help anyone who's currently on a weight loss programme.