You can become allergic to anything at any time in your life. There are a few variations on this answer.
1. Wine, as well as mixed drinks, contain a substance known as sulfates, a very common allergen, causing asthma. If you notice the same reaction with other foods containing sulfates. Then that is whats causing the problem. I would think avoidance would be the best recommendation. Inhalers do not make it go away, it only lessens the response. A food diary is very helpful.
2. It has been noted that many people with candidiasis have a reaction to wine, and alcohol. Simply because it is fermented, and basically a fungus. Your reaction may be fungus related. As well as asthma suffers also have a digestive, nutritional, or infection issue, as well as an over reactive immune system. The immune system sees the allergan as an offender, and reacts with histamine. In this scenario, I recommend QBC, and beta glucan. QBC, is an anti histamine, as well as aiding in digestion, and beta glucans calm the immune system.
Nutritional supplements. vitamin B and magnesium.
For Fungus, probiotics.
3. An immunoligist is also an option. To verify your allergens, and to treat according to your needs.