BizGenGirl profile image 87

Is it possible to have had a blood clot that would not be detectable by a vascular ultrasound?

The other day, I had an excruciating pain in my left calf. It felt like a 3" balloon was inflating then deflating inside my leg and it pulsed. I cant even describe how painful it was. It cont'd to fill up and then deflate for 10-15 minutes and got worse every time until it stopped. It hasn't happened again, though my calf is now very sore and stiff. Though no bruising, discoloration or apparent swelling. My dr did a vascular ultrasound and said my veins look fine. Is it is possible they couldn't see anything because it passed already? Or is there something else that could've happened?

Best Answer Lisadroz says

• BizGenGirl profile image

Bema Self (BizGenGirl) 5 years ago

Thank you LisaDroz! It's been a while since I asked, but from time to time I still get painful lower leg pains that worry me. I'd love to see a hub explaining why clots below the knee often don't need treatment =) Thanks again!

IntimatEvolution profile image81

Julie Grimes (IntimatEvolution) says

BizGenGirl profile image87

Bema Self (BizGenGirl) says