Fasting for weight loss has been very in demand for dieters nowadays. This is one of the easiest tickets to achieve your dream body. It is indeed advisable to use this method if you want to lose weight quickly in a short period of time; but it is not acceptable to be followed for an extended period of time.
Fasting is a means that thoroughly reduce calories in your every meal. The most in demand weight-loss fasts are the Master Cleanse, liquid diets and some fruit juice diets.
1. While a dieter is in the fasting stage, he just drinks fruit juices for the whole day to fill in his appetite. In this method, you are lowering your calorie intake, and maintain your body functions. But then, your body will starve rapidly as it burns fats while you are doing your activities.
2. Most frequently, dieter who is in a fasting for weight loss mode loses 1-4 pounds a day. These particular diets must be continued for about a week or longer.
3. Juice diets combined with raw foods are proven to sustain weight loss and good health condition.
However, there are also disadvantages behind this tempting way to lose weight. Some of these are:
4. Water and muscle loss instead of actual fat loss.
5. Pounds that are lost will come back after a dieter eats normally anew.
6. Vitamin and Mineral deficiencies because of limited calorie intake.
7. Feeling of dizziness and depression.