1)Exercise can help when done on a regular basis like 3 to 4 times a week for 20-30 mins at a time and being aerobic type-this can be walking, elliptical, swimming or even a pick up game of basketball. exercise helps by increase the brain activities that help regulate your moods.
2)light therapy. the light acts like the natural sun light and produces increased brain activity ans also some skin cell activity.
3) St John wart herbal supplemental tablets can help increase your mood as well. the down side it can decrease the effectiveness of some medication and other medication it increases how much your body stores the medication
4) being outside more.
5) if possible move to an area that has more sun days then cloud covered or dark days. ie new mexico would be better then Alaska
6) be more social: be with friends and family
7) decrease the amount of beer or other alcohol: alcohol is a type of depression causing factors
8) look up seasonal affective disorder
9) talk to a health care provider or mental health person about short term use of ant-depression medication