stanwshura profile image 76

Ls it possible to possess an average or better social intelligence, and yet seem awkward or inept?

TI'm not even gonna try to be coy. I am, of course, reflecting on my own reality and circumstances. I KNOW the right "answers", the right things to say. I am not loud or boorish, nor (after a LOT of hard and painful work), do I twiddle my thumbs in the corner anxiously waiting "for the party to come to me", so to speak. I know very well what not to do, and compulsively (and discreetly!) check my pants zipper. I ace those pop magazine/ online surveys on the subject, usually thinking "duh!". But in real time I am inevitably stymied by indecision, unassuredness and anxiety. What gives?

meloncauli profile image98

meloncauli says

Scorpio21 profile image78

Scorpio21 says