TheLifeExperiment profile image 60

Are you taking medication for clinical depression?

I am probably going to have to get prescribed for depression soon (it runs in the family and I've been experiencing many of the symptoms). Are you taking meds for depression? How have they helped you? Have they made your life better in ways other than making you feel less sad? (I know this is kind of a personal question, but I really would like to know).

• Dubuquedogtrainer profile image

Dubuquedogtrainer 5 years ago

That's too bad. Sometimes it takes a long time to find the right med! And these days there are better medications with fewer and less severe side effects. Proper medication management really requires the expertise of an experienced psychiatrist.

Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60

Dubuquedogtrainer says

Rev. Akins profile image86

Rev. Akins says

• Dubuquedogtrainer profile image

Dubuquedogtrainer 5 years ago

Everyone reacts differently and it is important to get the right dose and consider drug-drug interactions as well as drug-food interactions, but the right medication can be a lifesaver and help restore a normal emotional status to people.

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

JThomp42 5 years ago

Yes, I definitely agree with you Faith Reaper. What I wouldn't give for a day when I'm just sad or have the blues. But Clinical depression is a whole different animal. The lowest point is what I call the "Dark". Very hard to explain. God Bless you!!

alexarpoe profile image59

alexarpoe says

Theresa036 profile image61

Theresa036 says

4 days ago