1. Make sure you use non-comedogenic makeup, and be sure to take all of it off before you go to bed.
2. Use an exfoliator (like the apricot scrub mentioned before) 2-4 times a week.
3. Spot treat- the best thing to do is visit a dermatologist and have them prescribe something for you, but if you don't have the time or money, try Clearasil spot treatment, Burt's Bees acne treatment, or something similar.
4. Change your pillowcase a couple times a week.
5. Try not to touch your face as much as possible- I know I rest my forehead on my hands a lot, and that's where I usually break out.
6. Don't ever over-wash your face- this dries it out and makes it more vulnerable to bacteria.
7. Use a primer (I love Revlon's Photoready primer) under makeup. It creates a barrier, so not only does your makeup look better, it prevents the foundation/powder/whatever from sinking into your pores.
8. Drink tons of water to hydrate naturally instead of rubbing heavy moisturizers into your skin.
Hope this helps! :)