landscapeartist profile image 80

Is there a natural remedy for poison ivy?

It seems that I get a wicked case of poison ivy every 7 years. I don't know why it happens in such a pattern, but it does. Creams don't work at all on it. The only thing that has ever been able to make it go away for me is Prednisone. Is there a natural home remedy out there to combat this? The 7 years is almost up.

artist101 profile image78

Sherrie Westerfield, Cpht (artist101) says

• artist101 profile image

Sherrie Westerfield, Cpht (artist101) 5 years ago

Impatients, a common annual, is also an option. Break a stem, squeeze the juice from it, and apply to the affected area. Plant a pot full of them, before the season starts. I've used this remedy on many rashes, and it does work.

specialm profile image80

Maralyn (specialm) says

• artist101 profile image

I've never used this remedy I wish I would of known about when my son kept getting it. Thank you.

KristenK88 profile image59

KristenK88 says

• landscapeartist profile image

Roberta McIlroy (landscapeartist) 5 years ago

Mixing the two together makes sense. Spicenlove also suggested Jewelweed and Aloe. Thank you KristenK88 and Spicenlove. I'll try it, hopefully it will work. Let me know if you hear of others.

spicenlove profile image61

spicenlove says

• landscapeartist profile image

I have never tried the last two ideas but I did try the first one. Unfortunately, the toothpaste didn't work for me. My doctor said that depends on your systems level of resistance. But, with me it is getting worse every time I get it.