ii3rittles profile image 83

Neck injury from prolonged cracking?

Just wondering is years of cracking my neck could damage it? I have been doing it since I was 15, now 24 so 9 years. The past 3 it has been getting worse and worse and now I have a constant clicking sound in it. I also get some bad pain. I had an x-ray done a year ago and it didn't show any damage. Ice helps and using a tennis ball relieves the pressure and some pain but it comes back. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be? I don't have insurance yet (should have it in a month) but I do want to see a chiropractor and get it checked out.

Laura Schneider profile image91

Laura Schneider says

livingabroad profile image83

livingabroad says

• ii3rittles profile image

ii3rittles 5 years ago

Mine seems to come and go but when its here it stays awhile which makes me think its not my spine in my neck but the ligaments. I get occipital pain and headaches with it as well.

badegg profile image86

Del Banks (badegg) says

• Pamela Kinnaird W profile image

Pamela Kinnaird W 5 years ago

Chiropractors in all the states I'm aware of do have to be licensed. An experienced, skilled and knowledgeable chiropractor can do a world of good. The best way to find a good chiropractor is through your friends and the chiro's good reputation.

landscapeartist profile image80

Roberta McIlroy (landscapeartist) says

• ii3rittles profile image

ii3rittles 5 years ago

I noticed this as well. Its hard not to crack it. If I don't it gets really stiff. I been using ice to keep me from cracking it. Sometimes all I do is turn my neck and it cracks though.

paxwill says

2 answers hidden due to negative feedback. Show