No, but my husband has. We were in Fort Wayne during a horrible thunder storm. We were going to Vacation Bible School with the kids and he dropped us at the gymnasium door, and went to park the car.
As he got out of the car, he put up the umbrella and there was this huge loud crack and sparks. It hit the tip of the umbrella and bent it. Thankfully, the umbrella had a wooden handle. He was taken to the hospital but was okay. He still gets a strange tingling feeling in his nose whenever there is lightning. His fellow students at the seminary started calling him Sparky.