Virginia Lea profile image 61

How do I overcome needle phobia?

I have had this crippling fear of needles for as long as I can remember. And I am entering the Army and I would really like to be a medic if I could just overcome this stupid speed bump that is weighing me down. Most of the time I just avoid the entire situation altogether. We will have several shots in basic and there will be a lot of stress and tension, all of the stress plus the needles could possibly send me over the edge into multiple panic attacks. I can't have that, not as basic training! I want to be able to handle it and not be pathetic! Please someone help me get over this!

nochance profile image87

Chloe Davis Smith (nochance) says

Catherina Severin profile image61

Catherina Severin says

• Virginia Lea profile image

Virginia Davis (Virginia Lea) 4 years ago

I'm not entirely sure why I am so fearful of such a silly thing. I suppose I could just go at it head on, but if that happened I would be in danger of a major panic attack and possible syncope. And who knows what will happen while at basic. :(

SteveSpencer profile image59

SteveSpencer says

carolinebp says

• Virginia Lea profile image

I'm always asking God for his help, I wouldn't be able to live without it. =) Thanks yes the fear is crippling and no one else understands really...