Marsei profile image 89

When you pray, how do you see the person/spirit that you are praying to in your mind?

I've always been curious about this. I had a friend who got very upset when someone challenged her belief in he "man with the beard," the God that she had always prayed to. She pictured him as a person. I'm interested in what others see, of all religions.

singlmomat52 profile image73

singlmomat52 says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 5 years ago

Your answer is closer to what is reality for me. I don't visualize anything when I pray. It's more a feeling of love and power that I try to express gratitude and reciprocating love to.

artist101 profile image69

Sherrie Westerfield, Cpht (artist101) says

Chuck Bluestein profile image63

Chuck Bluestein says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 5 years ago

It's been proven that people who are prayed for are affected by prayer. To me, it's a way of expressing love and faith to pray for ourselves and others and to express thankfulness, awareness of God's presence. I do understand your answer, though.