If I'm having trouble falling to sleep there are a few things I do that get me tired and conked out in no time~
1. I run my washer and drier - this might sound odd, but the laundry room is directly below my bedroom. It makes a "white noise" sound that I find very relaxing.
2. I write in my notebook. Sometimes it is a diary entry, sometimes it is a story idea, but getting it out of my head & onto paper clears my thoughts & allows me to rest.
3. I read - lying in bed with a good book puts me out in under a chapter.
4. I snack - I've never had to worry about my weight, so making sure I feel full helps me to rest better. Usually it is just something simple like 1/2 of a peanut butter sandwich or something like that.
5. I ask my hubby for a back rub. As long as he can control himself, I can fall asleep without getting woken back up for "play time"... lol