snoblet profile image 88

Is fearing in any way the same as respect?

When someone respects another it seems to be of positive moral values but when someone fears another it feels like they have something to lose which makes fearing more of a negative moral value. I'm not sure I am making sense but do you see fear and respect to be the same?

Dr Pran Rangan profile image84

Dr Pran Rangan says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I thought fear was close to hate with some emotion of terror, when I googled fear it becomes what people want it to be, it says to god fear is respect, and awe but I just beg to differ in all sense of the definition when I searched it.

Is fearing in any way the same as respect?84

jlpark profile image90

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

Thanks for the answer, I was with some friends and they're pretty religious and I was wondering why is God usually in the same sentence with fear. They explain something like we have to fear God.. I don't get it.

leakeem profile image85

leakeem says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I just fine respect and fear on the opposite end but it's how some people define fear that makes me feel how certain situations are so manipulated to bring one message across while instilling another

alancaster149 profile image86

Alan Robert Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

Not sure I have a relationship with god or if there is I don't know about it. I keep hearing people speak about fear in the same sense I would think its respect and vice versa, it's weird.

BlissfulWriter profile image85

BlissfulWriter says

• snoblet profile image

Dave Rogers (snoblet) 4 years ago

I agree, being fear comes with some or a lot of hate.

royalblkrose profile image59

royalblkrose says