Georgie Lowery profile image 96

Has anybody here had low sugar problems after weight loss?

I'm going to guess that I've lost around fifty pounds since late spring. Recently, I've been having a lot of sugar crashes, and I think it may be due to my body not getting the memo that I don't need all that extra insulin. I was just wondering if any Hubbers have had this kind of problem?

Farmer Rachel profile image98

Best Answer Rachel Koski (Farmer Rachel) says

• Georgie Lowery profile image

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) 4 years ago

It does happen when I'm doing more strenuous things but not always. I may too old for mountain climbing! It happens at weird times and I've noticed I get hungry more often. And thank you. :)

lrc7815 profile image92

Linda Crist (lrc7815) says

• Georgie Lowery profile image

Mine is intentional. I topped out at almost 400 pounds in 2006, last year I just got plain sick of being fat now I'm down to 250. I am trying to avoid medication if I can help it, but I will talk to someone. Thank you for the advice!

cathylynn99 profile image77

cathylynn99 says

• Georgie Lowery profile image

I'm going to buy some glucose tablets when I'm out this week. Gaining the weight back is not an option. I do try to eat often, but you know how it is when you get busy... Thanks for the answer!

jlpark profile image89

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• Georgie Lowery profile image

I'm definitely working at losing weight. It's coming off quickly now, but I go through periods when it doesn't. Diabetes does run in my family, but I've always tested in the normal range, even when I was 400 pounds. Thanks for the advice! :)