Violet Flame profile image 85

What do you think is the cause for dream paralysis?

Dream paralysis is a frightening experience. I had a lot of them when I was 14 and 15. I am just curious on what your take is on the cause of dream paralysis...

Little two two profile image89

LyttleTwoTwo (Little two two) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

could you believed i used to have it every other night when I was 14! It was so scary!!! You are so right about keeping the energy level up and not drive yourself to exhaustion! Good One!!

jaredbangerter profile image88

jaredbangerter says

LazyLucid profile image77

Terrin (LazyLucid) says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

I've never had one that just vanished by itself, I've always had to kind of fight my way out. I've got some tricks up my sleeve now so it doesn't scare me so terribly. Do you often know you are dreaming when you are dreaming? Wow....

MzChaos profile image75

MzChaos says

• Violet Flame profile image

Violet Flame 4 years ago

That's awesome MzChaos! I wonder whether Hypnopompic and Dream paralysis might not b exactly th same. Or maybe there r more then 1 type and 1 cause. It's simply because my experience is quite different.. Just love the bit about the classroom! Thanks!

What is dream paralysis? One possible cause of nightmarish sleep paralysis and its prevention85

What is dream paralysis? One possible cause of nightmarish sleep paralysis and its prevention