kallini2010 profile image 85

What was the best advice that helped you handling your bipolar illness?

I mean things that were tried and true. There are no two alike patients and the illness may affect different temperaments differently. But I have a feeling that all advice that is "too general and generic" is not effective either. If you have depression and you an introvert, staying at home may be painful, but not as devastating than for those of us who need others to get the energy going. It's a vicious circle.

pmorries profile image79

pmorries says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I have been a good patient in this regard - I was never running away from doctors or stopped the medication. But somehow, I am afraid that all these years created nothing but dependency. And now life is hell on pills. My deepest sympathy for bipolars

SaritaJBonita profile image81

Sarah Jane Bourdeau (SaritaJBonita) says