leni sands profile image 81

Does anyone have a cure for sudden deafness following an ear infection? Remedies please....

OK, so I've been to the doctors, had a course of antibiotics and some little white tablets to stop me from becoming unbalanced (lol) and although the pain has gone - now I'm deaf in one ear. I have tried the usual things - warming it up, towel of head and breath in vapours, doctors says it doesn't need syringing, I've got nasal breathing thingys to try to clear the sinus' but nothing is shifting it. I feel like I've either gone up to high altitude or I'm under water. It's awful and it's driving me nuts not being able to hear anything but muffled moans of despair from my other half...

Lisa HW profile image82

Lisa HW says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

I will mention this to my doctor - I have an appointment booked for Wednesday morning. I think an anti-histamine decongestant might actually be worth a try - it's all very worrying.

Billie Kelpin profile image92

Billie Kelpin says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

The doctor says the infection has to run it's course now. No more antibiotics because I will become immune to them; more pillls to take away the dizziness, etc., but they are making me feel sick!! The deafness is unbearable - all so frustrating thks

jlpark profile image89

Jacqui (jlpark) says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

Sounds scary. Had to see the ENT when I came down with that virus last year that stole my voice - I wrote a couple of hubs on it 'Hyperfunctional Dysphonia' - just seems to be one thing after another. Will make sure my doctor checks everything, ta!

PAPA-BEAR profile image59

John W Townsend (PAPA-BEAR) says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

Trauma? Never thought of that although it is very traumatic for me to be suddenly deaf in one ear. I will look in to your suggestion. Thank you.

cloverleaffarm profile image74

Healing Herbalist (cloverleaffarm) says

• leni sands profile image

Leni Sands 4 years ago

Not heard of a Neti Pot but I will rhem up. I'm not stuffy but my whole head feels washy and my glands are swollen. I haven't had a cold, just earache that started about 3 weeks ago. The white pills are for dizziness. I go back 2 doctor. Thanks..