angel4967 profile image 61

Would you remove both breasts if cancer was found in one?

If you were told you had to lose a breast to cancer, would you have them remove both to lessen the chances you would get it in the other one?

bankscottage profile image92

bankscottage says

• angel4967 profile image

Cindy Pierre (angel4967) 4 years ago

Thank you for this information, it's things I hadn't thought about. Do you happen to know if they do reconstructive surgery and you start to lose weight will the new breast lose weight too?

Waldo Numbly profile image61

Waldo Henry Hiram King (Waldo Numbly) says

• angel4967 profile image

Cindy Pierre (angel4967) 4 years ago

2 things to consider; 1 wouldn't it be a good preventative from getting cancer in the other breast anyway & 2 could constructive surgery be done well enough to make it like it was?

freecampingaussie profile image50

freecampingaussie says

• angel4967 profile image

Cindy Pierre (angel4967) 4 years ago

I'm 45 and know I would have thought differently if I were younger too.