Emanate Presence profile image 86

What do you feel is the message, if any, of 'The Hobbit' and 'Lord of the Rings'?

Are the epic fantasy adventures by J.R.R. Tolkien, set in Middle Earth, simply meant for entertainment as good stories? Or, is there deeper meaning such as personal growth and heroism - whether the author consciously intended it or not?

The Hobbit and the Higher Self - An Unexpected Journey86

The Hobbit and the Higher Self - An Unexpected Journey

JRScarbrough profile image88

JR Scarbrough MFA (JRScarbrough) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 4 years ago

Excellent comments. You are a person I would like to sit with in a cafe and visit. I enjoy your way of looking at things.

cam8510 profile image94

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Thank you for the quote from Tolkien. It is new to me. It is good to know the author's intention, and also to feel free to infer so long as we are clear that it is our interpretation - or application - of the writings.

tlmcgaa70 profile image69

tlmcgaa70 says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Enjoyed your comment. Thank you!

• LisaKoski profile image

LisaKoski 4 years ago

I think you may be confusing Lewis Carroll for C.S. Lewis. I know Lewis and Tolkien were friends but I have never heard of him and Carroll knowing each other.