Motivation for me is based on:
1. The pure feeling of physical movement. Just enjoyable at first. Then going through the different stages of the process: warming up, sweating, getting the heart beat up, the awareness heightened. That feeling of being cleansed and fresh after a workout shower.
2. Being a role model for my two sons, and keeping up appearances!
3. Getting out and about in the great outdoors when running/walking.
4. Preparation. When I go up into the mountains I need to be fit and supple. A regular workout helps keep the body and mind in good shape.
5. A history of keeping fit through natural means, like running, climbing trees, hill walking, mountain trekking, walking, playing all kinds of ball sports.