Michelle Hawkins profile image 60

Any ideas on whether it's best to get the flu vaccine or not? Did you get one this year?

• Michelle Hawkins profile image

Michelle Hawkins 4 years ago

There's definitely a lot of hype behind it. I'm not convinced myself that it's what's best. You just have to weigh out the pros and cons and make the best decision for yourself. However when the virus is airborne, you can't always avoid it.

xanzacow profile image82

Cynthia (xanzacow) says

• Michelle Hawkins profile image

Michelle Hawkins 4 years ago

Great answer! Unfortunately though, when it's airborne, proper hygiene isn't always enough. Just one sneeze or cough can spread 20 feet worth of viruses to those around you. I definitely agree with you on the hand washing and sanitizer though.

• Michelle Hawkins profile image

Michelle Hawkins 4 years ago

I agree! I've never had the flu or the vaccine myself, then this year it hit me. I was diagnosed w/ Influenza Type A. However, I'm still not convinced (even after just getting over it) to voluntarily get the vaccine next year.