Laura Schneider profile image 94

Have you ever seen someone die?

Not "have you ever seen a dead person" but have you ever watched someone actually die? Describe the situation if you'd like to.

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Wow, I think most of us would agree there! You're not alone, though it may feel lonely to carry such a memory. I'm fairly certain that, where life and death are concerned, there's very little you can do to "help", though you may want to.

chef-de-jour profile image91

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Chef-de-jour, I'm very sorry for your loss. What a precious story of love, faith, and strength, though. Thank you so much for sharing it (I doubt there's a dry eye reading this--at least mine aren't). May your heart and family be at peace...

xanzacow profile image81

Cynthia (xanzacow) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

You are truly an angel, xanzacow, for no one I know of wants to die alone, yet the burden on you must be great. I am fascinated by your description of the "hallucinations" and equally puzzled by the "burning hell" person. Perhaps it was his disease.

LucyLiu12 profile image89

LucyLiu12 says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

LucyLiu, what a sweet but sad story. Thank you so much for sharing it. I'm certain that your grandfather knew you were there and was equally glad that you were there. I have no doubt that he was squeezing your hand at appropriate moments. Peace.

Laura Schneider profile image94

Laura Schneider says

tirelesstraveler profile image87

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Tirelesstraveler, you have traveled a difficult road indeed. Your mom isn't gone when she has folks to remember her in such a positive manner, both her life & her graceful death. Peace be upon you and your family, for your mom would surely want t

Seeker7 profile image93

Helen Murphy Howell (Seeker7) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Thank you, Seeker7, for being an angel for those who need you the most at a most delicate time in their lives. I'm sure that you are appreciated for every little thing you do and say to ease the transition, for those who will remain living and not.

healthyfitness profile image83

Rick Grimes (healthyfitness) says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I believe you--thank you for sharing your experience. I have found the same to be true with my memory. In my case, sound is what I remember the most.

proudmamma profile image81

proudmamma says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I'm so sorry! Proudmama, please do something very hard: ask a therapist, clergyperson, psychiatrist, etc. to help you put your life back together, no matter how hard it is to ask for help. Your kids need their proudmama back and so do YOU! It's time.

MickS profile image77

MickS says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Oh, I'm so sad for you! To carry such a memory and to be that close to him and unable to help... Thanks for sharing such a terrible/sacred/poignant moment with us!

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Omigosh! I'm SO sorry, duffsmom! I hope that you have come to terms with this and are able to keep that memory separate from your good, living memories of your father. I wish for you a peaceful heart and solid footing and all the best.

Evans Abby profile image61

Evans Abby says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Wow! Indeed, death is unfair and unavoidable. May your memory of that event fade quickly into the back of your mind and not trouble you any more, for there is no accounting for such things logically.

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I'm sorry, JThomp42, for your losses may be very great and your burdens may be very heavy. I hope that, though you never get over it, yet you get through it and it becomes part of your soul in a meaningful way. Thanks for answering; and be well, JT.