Emanate Presence profile image 83

What could the modern western world learn from indigenous peoples?

This question is born from three recent events. I published a hub (Return to the River of No Return) on my experience in remote wilderness. While writing I relived my connection with the People of the Sun. Last night we watched an episode on DVD from 'The Waltons,' a TV series from the 70s. It was about an old Cherokee who walked back to the mountain of his ancestors to die. This morning, when Kati returned from her night shift as a nurse, we talked about the ways of indigenous people. I have my thoughts on it, of course, and would like to read yours.

hawaiianodysseus profile image89

Hawaiian Odysseus (hawaiianodysseus) says

• Born2care2001 profile image

Rev Bruce S Noll HMN (Born2care2001) 4 years ago

What a wonderfully complete sentiment! "be a significant and contributing member of the global village." I look forward to the day when we all share this consciously!

Thank you Joe, for sharing!

cam8510 profile image94

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 4 years ago

What a rich experience you had in New Guinea! Any plans to write a hub on it if you haven't already? I agree not to trash modern society. You put it wisely, we are who we are. I like to put out who I *really* am, and to read real words such as yours.

Born2care2001 profile image80

Rev Bruce S Noll HMN (Born2care2001) says

JimTxMiller profile image79

Jim Miller (JimTxMiller) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

I am curious about this, Jim. Just if you feel inclined, would you consider to say more? Can you give an example?