Emanate Presence profile image 82

When you know your writing may disturb others, do you change it or stay your course?

At 14, my writing got me exiled into remote wilderness for a summer. At 17 a classmate wrote, because I shared a dream in the high school newsletter, 'I wish Gary Smith would leave us alone.' Over the years my writing, without intending it that way, stirred short-term turmoil but in the end it was beneficial. Now I aim to balance being true to myself while kind towards others. It would be interesting to know how others relate to this and maybe it will give me another angle to consider. Do you soften your writing to not offend, or say what you feel and let the chips fall where they may?

IDONO profile image82

IDONO says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Gary R. Smith (Emanate Presence) 4 years ago

Space does not permit me to respond fully. '...depends on your motives....' I'd put that in the category of expressing who I am and acting in the world from my true nature.You have expressed truly from your space & I honor that.Thank you for writ

dksuttle profile image78

Donna Suttle (dksuttle) says

• Emanate Presence profile image

It is enjoyable to harmonize with the way another sees the gift of writing. I learn much about myself by writing & about others by asking. Yes, writing is part of what defines me, or helps me make my self-definition more clear. Happy surprises ah

Adamowen profile image85

Adamowen says

ESPeck1919 profile image92

ESPeck1919 says

• Emanate Presence profile image

Well said. 5 months passed before I felt it was time to post a story which includes an experience of freeing earthbound souls. Years ago, I would have said such a writer is 'of the devil' or deluded. Being true while sensitive to others is my way.

Jynzly profile image67

Jenny Pugh (Jynzly) says

VivaLaVina says