Billie Kelpin profile image 91

What is the closest call with danger you've ever had?

and what did you do to avert it? I was driving down a 2-lane ICE-slicked country highway in MN. I was behind a huge truck and felt comfortable following him. However, a driver behind me was pushing forward, beeping, and turning on his lights so I would pass. I looked to the left lane and no one was coming, so I finally decided to go for it. As I picked up a little speed to pass, I started swerving all over the road. Just then I saw an oncoming car coming over the hill. I couldn't go back into my lane; I couldn't go forward; I took the left ditch which I guess one shouldn't do, but I'm here.

theluckywriter profile image87

Stephanie (theluckywriter) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

My goodness !!!! Most interesting in the answers to this question are the diverse lives everyone here has lived! I don't think I'm going to go canoeing in Zimbabwe :) but I think I need to get out more ! :)

DrMark1961 profile image92

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

You're an adventurous soul! Glad the tuft of grass helped you out because I might never have been able to glance at your great hubs. (My little Scooter has been licking his paws ALOT lately and maybe I'll find an answer in your great articles! )

ketage profile image86

ketage says

Unlieshhd profile image60

Unlieshhd says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Fascinating! My aunt Sadie was a single mom in the US and worked in bars. There were dangerous adventures for my cousin Lynn, I know. I wrote about her in one of my hubs "The Turkey in the Living Room". I'm not sure we can mention our hubs, but....

JThomp42 4 years ago

It is helpless. Unfortunately in my case the car hit me dead on in the rear, came through it with minor scratches and a totaled car.

Rayne123 says

• ketage profile image

ketage 4 years ago

I have had so many close calls, it is embarrassing, If I do have a guardian angel, the poor thing must be working overtime looking out for me.

LindaTuckerRDA says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 4 years ago

Very brave to have called out! Glad they ran!

Rayne123 4 years ago

well someone was with you or should I say the Holy Spirit and his Angels.