Savio Dawson profile image 86

How many of you feel abundance is a state of mind and not the pay cheques we receive? Why?

I know the question is a bit leading but time and again, I have read at different places that Abundance is a state of mind. When the mind changes its state, the physical proof in the form of prosperity, wealth and everything you need follows? Do you think this is true?

SidKemp profile image92

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Hi SidKemp,

That is an interesting analogy. Now, whenever I will see the penguins I will remember abundance... Nice way to frame it in my mind... Also, I tend to wonder, if it is our way of living which has made us link abundance to material things.

Insane Mundane profile image61

Insane Mundane says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

That is so true.... Looking for abundance in whatever we have... Very resonating thought.... I remember my mom teaching this when I was a kid... I think she was a spiritual guru of sorts as much as you are... Thanks!

IDONO profile image81

IDONO says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Meaning of abundance itself can be different.. That is true... So long as we are happy with our definitions and life, we should be good... Thanks Idono!!

beingwell profile image66

beingwell says

• Insane Mundane profile image

Insane Mundane 4 years ago

Without all the baloney philosophy about how the penguins find abundance in sharing their wings with Buddha, your answer is not only the most terse, but the most accurate one yet. Thumbs up!

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Abundance linked to optimism... I like it .... Positive expectation, hope, optimism are all barometers of Abundance.... The challenge with poverty is that it is difficult for people to concentrate on abundance when most of the reality is scarcity...

stuff4kids profile image98

Amanda Littlejohn (stuff4kids) says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

I actually found resonance between Abundance thoughts and the Bible verse Matthew 25:29.. Even for the poor this verse holds good, only if they can shift their mindset.. Difficult I know... For those who can't there is always you and me... Thanks!!

Cristale profile image88

Cristale says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Makes sense Cristale... Law of Attraction, I think.. If we get what we think of, then why not think of abundance? Thanks!

Lizam1 profile image82

Lizam1 says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

I think you are hinting towards gratitude and appreciation... So true.. When I thank God for the things I have, the more of those things come my way...Count your blessings does make sense... Thanks Lizam1!

somethgblue profile image89

somethgblue says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Yeah, some years back when I was introspecting my achievements in life, I realized that many things that I had was because of me wanting them earlier... It is as if God has made a universe beautifully intertwined with our minds... Thanks!

A_K profile image75

Ajit Kumar Jha (A_K) says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Abundance and Fulfillment could be two sides of the same coin, I guess... A_K, you have really given it all... Really appreciate your post! Thanks!

Billie Kelpin profile image89

Billie Kelpin says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

To have goals and have a strong "Why" is great... But during the phase of achievement the mindset we have will greatly influence the outcome between Abundance and Scarcity, I guess... Thanks for your post and I see you have taken some time on that...

lupine profile image78

lupine says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 4 years ago

Thanks, Lupine - well said, and your last sentence is a reminder we all need to hear.

ilovehubs profile image76

ilovehubs says

• Savio Dawson profile image

Savio Koman (Savio Dawson) 4 years ago

Thanks ilovehubs!

The post is indeed a mix of two concepts - "What you have? (Abundance or Scarcity)" and "What you get? ( by law of attraction)"... So if I have a feeling of having ample then by the LOA, I should have more of "ample"..