Cas Merchant profile image 60

When you struggle with depression, what do you say to those who insist its all in your head?

I have been told that taking medications is a cop out and not a solution, but I know that, without them, I crash and burn! I feel like they just don't understand that sometimes, nothing I do can lift my mood. Those close to me have seen my depression first hand, but those that haven't just don't understand how severe it can get. What would you say in response? Do you think depression is all in the mind?

LongTimeMother profile image99

LongTimeMother says

• Cas Merchant profile image

Cas Merchant 4 years ago

Lol..I like the response you quoted about dragging your A**! Also, I started taking a megavitamin and I noticed a big difference about 2 weeks later. I just felt better, more alive. I've heard of raiki, but never tried it, its something to consider.

Lorie Hill profile image61

Lorie Hill says

• Cas Merchant profile image

Cas Merchant 4 years ago

Wow...what a great answer. You have a way of wording things that just makes them click into place...great advice! Thank you!