SoundNFury profile image 84

What is the best way to "live in the now"?

I often hear about this as a means of de-stressing and improving the quality of one's life, but I often find it hard to do. My OCD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder don't help either. If you are able to, what's your secret?

Eco-Lhee profile image84

Best Answer Eco-Lhee says

• SoundNFury profile image

Michael Valencia (SoundNFury) 4 years ago

I'm not good at visualization either. I know there are different types of meditation, but it's hard for me to slow down my thoughts and especially hard to try and visualize. I'll try thinking of black like you suggest. Thanks!

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• SoundNFury profile image

Thank you SidKemp. I'll be sure to check out your hubs! I think gratitude is one major key!

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

• SoundNFury profile image

Thank you, krillco. I have no idea what you're talking about, but thank you.

ladydeonne profile image89

Deonne Anderson (ladydeonne) says

• SidKemp profile image

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) 4 years ago

Wow! I thought it was only 10,000/day. Do you have a source on the higher figure? I'm down to about 300/day, and reducing. You write like you've read Thich Nhat Hanh. Have you? Wonderful friend and teacher.

Good Guy profile image92

Justin Choo (Good Guy) says

• SoundNFury profile image

Thank you, Good Guy. I'll definitely have a look at your page. Indeed, my mind is a constant stream of thoughts and I find it hard to train my brain. Mindfulness is something I would like to get more in touch with.

We Solved It profile image79

We Solved It, Inc. - Athena and Tess - The We Solved It Solution Sleuths (We Solved It) says

aparkhurst7 profile image83

aparkhurst7 says

liesl5858 profile image81

Linda Bryen (liesl5858) says

Lor's Stories profile image61

Lor's Stories says

• SoundNFury profile image

Thank you, Lor's Stories. I know it on paper, but in practice I find it difficult to always stay in the current moment.

Lee Tea profile image93

Lee Tea says