Yahoo email told me about your questions lately and I read them. You are asking very hard, very good questions. I like this one especially. Some of us adults are still dealing with questions like this. I decided not to wax eloquently or philosophically here. I decided that you are stressed right now. I have never been a parent. I do not know how to help you. I am an adult still struggling with these questions. Later in life I turned to Atheism and I am absolutely convinced, there is no doubt in my mind. But children do not want to hear the kinds of answers that are playing in my head lately, and neithor do I, frankly, but I must. Before I forget, please never let your dogs get into chocolate, it will kill them. Chocolate will make a dog very sick and potentiolly kill them. Some dogs can not handle table scraps eithor. Some can in small doses, perhaps. It might also depend on what kind of table scraps. We never could allow our dogs to get into chocolate. Gee, I do not know how to help you but my heart is with you. I suppose you could tell them that these things happen. Our dogs got into some poisen and they died. We can remember the good times we shared and be thankful. We can get some more pets. We will heal up in time. We will always miss them a little. I grew up with a Beagle named Missy, from about 5 y.o. until I was twelve. She was Candy's child, I still remember her as a toddler, she was also a pure bred Beagle. Missy's death tore me up completely, she was my child hood friend from pre-school, and now I was in Middle School. I still miss Missy very much, she is still in my heart, and I have pictures that I discovered years later, they are now in storage in Antioch. I no longer anticipate seeing Missy in heaven. But our atoms are eternal and recycling, the universe is one, the universe is. So, it's all good.