tolstoytherapy profile image 80

What fiction books have helped you, your wellbeing, or your mental health?

I have found literature to be one of the best ways I can maintain my PTSD symptoms. Reading provides me with something to relate to and feel reassured by, but also to find comfort in. I found out last year this technique had a name - bibliotherapy - and it has become the focus of some of my Hubs and my website (www.therapythroughtolstoy.com). Are there any books that have helped you through a tough time, or improved your sense of wellbeing? For me... PTSD: "Ulysses" by Tennyson Low mood: The Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick Need for solitude: Walden by Henry David Thoreau

EJ Lambert profile image77

EJ Lambert says

Beth37 4 years ago

What a difficult childhood, Im sorry you had to go thru that.

krillco profile image94

William E Krill Jr (krillco) says

Beth37 says

• tolstoytherapy profile image

Lucy (tolstoytherapy) 4 years ago

That's a really great answer - thank you for sharing! I know a lot of people who love his books and have been helped a lot by them.

I'm also glad the film brought you back together :)