Are you now, or have you ever been, afraid of the dark to the point of having to have a night lite?

Are you still afraid of the dark, even after being grown and require a night lite? I was always terrified of the dark when a child and even into some adult years for some reason, until I developed that personal and intimate relationship with the Lord, and so I now just pray and sleep in complete peace in the complete darkness : ) If so, how did you overcome your fears, if you have? Thanks for answersing

Jackie Lynnley profile image74

Best Answer Jackie Lynnley says

Hi Jackie, oh, wow, that is awesome! What a neat thought, darkness being a blanket, as a sort of protection. I appreciate the interesting answer. I know a house full of boys would make one feel safe no doubt! : )

Mekenzie profile image93

Susan Ream (Mekenzie) says

Hi Mekenzie, thanks so much for answering. Yes, I need it completely dark now, but had been afraid for a long time. That is an important fact there about making sure we do go into that very deep and restful sleep, which is so necessary!

Blessings.

Darksage profile image84

Khen Ramos (Darksage) says

Hi Darksage, thanks for answering. Yes, that is a good point about one's imagination, and not the dark! Excellent points here. I appreciate you sharing.

livinggood profile image71

Robert Thomas (livinggood) says

Hi livinggood, thanks for answering. I understand completely what you are saying about it not being the dark but what lies in the darkness. God bless.

Sunshine625 profile image82

Linda Bilyeu (Sunshine625) says

Hi Sunshine, thanks for answering. Yes, I have done that too and it is a big ouch to my big toe! We do have night lights throughout the house, if we need to go into the kitchen for anything during the night.

residentstone profile image60

Resident (residentstone) says

Good to know there, residentstone. ooohh I'm shivering now .....NOT : )

LensMan999 profile image47

LensMan999 says

Hi LensMan999, thanks for answering! Yes, me too, for now it must be completely dark in my room before I can go to sleep. Thanks for sharing here.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

Hi there gmwilliams, Hahaha ...Oh, how Halloweenish of you, very creative! I love the dark now too, as that is my special quiet time in prayer with the sweet Lord, who is the light of the world, so in reality no darkness fills my life. God bless you