Ebonny profile image 91

Can you / How do you stop yourself worrying or obsessing about things which you cannot control?

The Serenity Prayer (below) springs to mind here, but how do you personally apply it to life's specific obstacles. "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

Tom Rubenoff profile image91

Best Answer Tom Rubenoff says

• Ebonny profile image

Ebonny 4 years ago

I think I have become more serene than I once was but still have a LONG way to go. So much food for thought here, and I especially like the idea of earnestly focusing on particular words for a set time on a daily basis. My thanks to you for sharing

Tashaonthetown profile image92

Natasha Pelati (Tashaonthetown) says

• Ebonny profile image

Ebonny 4 years ago

Many thanks Tasha - what you say makes good sense.

KoraleeP profile image93

Koralee Phillips (KoraleeP) says

• Ebonny profile image

Ebonny 4 years ago

Many thanks for the specific breakdown of the approach you adopt to give yourself peace of mind. No doubt this enables a person to minimise regrets - which is all important.

Globetrekkermel profile image74

Globetrekkermel says

• Ebonny profile image

Ebonny 4 years ago

Thank you - I don't think I have heard prayer described as a "weapon" before. I like that.