Moon Daisy profile image 85

Would you let your child go to this party?

If your child was invited to a classmate's party, and you knew that one of their parents had been in prison, (although you didn't know what for), would you let them go to the party?

CraftytotheCore profile image84

Best Answer CraftytotheCore says

• Moon Daisy profile image

Moon Daisy 4 years ago

Thanks. I don't know any details, I just heard him talking to another dad who'd been tagged. He said "Ah, you've got a tag. I was inside a while ago". I didn't hear the rest of the conversation. Will try to meet mum and find out about the party...

• Moon Daisy profile image

Moon Daisy 4 years ago

Thx for this well-reasoned answer. I, like the person below, worked in criminal justice, so I don't want to penalise anyone and understand that prison doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad person. Just wanted some opinions as I don't know any details

• Moon Daisy profile image

Moon Daisy 4 years ago

Thanks, I agree that prison doesn't automatically make someone bad. They seem to be a happy family, I don't know any details, other than him being in prison. And I don't feel like I can ask about this, given that I've never spoken to them before.

Galadriel Arwen profile image79

Galadriel Arwen says

Benjamin Chege says

• Moon Daisy profile image

Moon Daisy 4 years ago

Thanks. I don't know them well enough to bring up the subject of his prison sentence, and don't live in their road, so cannot approach their neighbours. Think I'll talk to the mum in the playground and try to get a feel for what they're like...