Billie Kelpin profile image 93

What exactly is the behind the physiology of feeling tired?

We all know what it's like to feel tired. Even my little dog Scooter knows. But HOW do we feel tired? WHAT HAPPENS IN THE BODY TO CREATE THAT SENSATION? I don't mean how do we get to the state of being tired, but what is happening in the body to cause that sensation. I, myself, always "feel most tired in my eyes". I husband says he feels tired all over. Is it lack of oxygen to the cells or ????

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

Crafy, that seems rought! But wow, I wish I could make myself walk a mile. Ur way ahead of me! I'm really interested in what exactly it IS that causes the sensation. C says melatonin shuts things down. I wonder what happens when that happens.

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

so....everything kind of shuts down - so the cells must create that sensation when the hormone effect is gone. Uh, huh, it's the eyes - it's there in the eyes the most for me - like one of those bean bag weights are pressing down a bit.

L.M. Hosler profile image85

L.M. Hosler says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

If you feel heavy or tired after eating a meal it is a sign of a food intolerance. Keep a food journal for a while and see if you can narrow down potential culprits. Look up how to do an elimination diet to test for them. dairy, gluten

edhan profile image59

edhan says

• Billie Kelpin profile image

Billie Kelpin 3 years ago

I'll try that. I still am interested in exactly WHAT tired is in our bodies. Maybe someone has the answer.