ChristinS profile image 92

What do you do when you feel stifled or bored despite being busy?

Perhaps it's a bit of a midlife thing coming on - but lately I feel so "been there done that" about everything in my life. I'm tired of writing - a first for me because it's always been my passion. I'm dreading winter. Household chores are overwhelmingly mind numbing now when I didn't mind it before. I'm busy, too many clients, too much house and never a break. I need something new to stimulate my brain or something. I'm just tired/bored all the time. How do you get through it? I was excited to turn 40, now I'm thinking another 40 years of the same stuff isn't going to do it for me.

FlourishAnyway profile image92

FlourishAnyway says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

All great suggestions - thank you. It's finding time to make oneself a priority that seems to always be the struggle though.

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Thank you very much :) you're words are much appreciated. I do practice meditation, but I think Yoga is an excellent idea. I'm quite sure it's transitory because I laugh at myself even as I feel these things :) I hope I don't feel this way for years!

Borsia profile image60

Borsia says

IDONO profile image83

IDONO says

• ChristinS profile image

Christin Sander (ChristinS) 3 years ago

Perimenopause for sure contributes. Not sure if it's the sole cause - I think it is some of that though along with the milestone birthday perhaps.. thank you for your concern :) truly.