quicksand profile image 83

How Do You Stop Music Playing In Your Mind?

Especially when you have taken a long break and have been hearing or listening to music, it starts playing in your mind incessantly. Even otherwise when you want to keep your mind unfocussed, music barges into an empty mind and sort of takes up a major share. I do very much like music but at times I don't want my entire mind devoted to music. Any suggestions?

delaneyworld profile image79

delaneyworld says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 3 years ago

Well it happens only if I switch on my stereo after a break of several days. Redirection works for a short spell only. However if I keep on listening, I mean if I "face the music" it gets controllable! Thanks for your suggestion, and cheers!

lindalou1963 profile image76

Linda (lindalou1963) says

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 3 years ago

It's the music that I like that I listen to, and it's that very music which keeps playing in my mind selecting tracks at random like it's programmed to! It's not much of a problem ... but thanks for your views! Cheers!

• quicksand profile image

quicksand 3 years ago

Does it happen even if you have a long lay off from music? :)

quicksand profile image83

quicksand says