Marsei profile image 91

Do train whistles and rain make you sad, nostalgic, lonely, or what?

I'm feeling something as I listen to them both but not sure what. Just curious what sort of emotions they usually evoke.

bethperry profile image89

Beth Perry (bethperry) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 3 years ago

Thank you for your answer. I'm sure they bring back good memories. And I like the comment about the rain, the same word another hubber used to describe it.

Thanks again.

B. Leekley profile image87

Brian Leekley (B. Leekley) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 3 years ago

Unlike your experience in days past, my only memory of trains was one ride to a funeral, so I guess that's prompting my sadness/nostalgia. It was a gentle rain I heard; I think soothing is correct. Love Hank and the song. Thank you for answering.

luvtoowrite profile image60

Luvtoo Write (luvtoowrite) says

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 3 years ago

I like your comment and think it may have something to do with my feelings also. The only time I ever rode a train was to a favorite uncle's funeral. Thanks for your comment!

marsei

• Marsei profile image

Sue Pratt (Marsei) 3 years ago

Thank you for your answer. Seems a lot of hubbers lived close to a railroad when they were growing up and most find the rain soothing. I like the "excuse" part, makes sense.

Thanks again,

marsei