glassvisage profile image 83

Any tips on how to walk 24 hours straight?

I participate in the American Cancer society's fundraiser Relay for Life every year, and this year I want to bump up my donations by walking for the entire 24-hour event. I have heard it's been done before but I am certainly nervous I won't be able to finish. I've run two marathons, however, and feel I am in good shape. From Internet research, it looks like comfortable socks and shoes are key. Any other tips for training, preparation, etc. would be much appreciated!

Larry Fields profile image89

Larry Fields says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 3 years ago

Thank you so much - I hadn't even considered that side of this experience and I'm very glad you pointed it out. I think that will have a lot to do with finishing...

PhoenixV profile image80

PhoenixV says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 3 years ago

Thank you! I am dreading the blisters but will do my best to prevent them, and have Band-Aids handy :) The linament is a great idea!

Copper Man says

• glassvisage profile image

glassvisage 3 years ago

I think that is great advice and will really make a difference. Thank you so much!