stuff4kids profile image 96

Is it unhealthy to only eat one meal a day?

I've heard of some very famous people who are devotees of only eating one meal a day. They say that it makes them fit, healthy and energetic. But I am not sure that can be true. Isn't that unhealthy?

baybpnk profile image82

Nicole (baybpnk) says

• stuff4kids profile image

Amanda Littlejohn (stuff4kids) 3 years ago

Thanks for your comment. Hmm, I see your point but what about these folks who say they feel good and energetic - and they certainly look as if they do? Is it more to do with *what* you eat, rather than *how much*?

mikejhca profile image93

Michael H (mikejhca) says

• stuff4kids profile image

Hi mikejhca!

Thanks for that - it seems that the consensus of opinion is that to eat only one meal a day could never be a healthy option.

I wonder, though, is it fair to say that people who claim to do so and seem to be in good shape are all liars?

• stuff4kids profile image

I see that it might be unhealthy. But might it not also be a healthy option if done right? I mean if you eat the right foods and you become accustomed so that you don't feel hungry outside your mealtime? Or maybe these folks graze a lot in between...